Lemon Pudding Parfait anyone? Protein rich and paleo! Top with some chilled whipped cream for some not so paleo but oh so delicious goodness!
- 12 egg yolks
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- pinch celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream or use a can of whipped cream to top the pudding – this will give a little extra sweetener (if you so desire) and is a little time saver! You could also drizzle with some coconut milk for a great dairy free option.
- Place egg yolks, agave, and salt in a medium sauce pan
- While heating over very low flame, whip with a hand blender for 6-8 minutes, then whip in lemon juice
- Chill for a half an hour
- If pudding separates, whip with hand blender for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy again
- Whip cream in a separate bowl
- Serve in small glasses, alternating layers of pudding and whipped cream
- Garnish with berries
Thanks Elana’s Pantry! http://elanaspantry.com/lemon-pudding-parfait/