What says comfort food like hot mashed potatoes with very simply some melted butter, salt and pepper..! Mashed potatoes are incredibly easy to make. And you can do so much with them. Mix in some fresh or roasted garlic, sour crème or milk, finely chopped chives or green onions, bacon bits and cheddar cheese. The combinations are endless! The secret to good mashed potatoes however is simple.. it lies in the quality and type of potatoes. I’ve found red potatoes and gold potatoes to be excellent options for mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- dash of salt
- Butter and/or other favorite toppings
- Peel potatoes (if desired), chop in 1″ pieces
- Cover potatoes with water in pot and bring to boil
- Cook until knife inserts in a potato easily
- Pour off water and let cool a bit
- Use an inversion blender to mix, adding butter and other toppings as desired
Masher potatoes!!! My favorite. These look heavenly!