This is an amazing, rich and silky chocolate pudding inspired by Elanaspantry.com. Yes it has pumpkin in it, but no it did not taste like pumpkin! So if you are looking for a pumpkin flavored pudding this is not it. But a great way to add some pumpkin to a dessert.
The original recipe called for raw egg, which I’m not a fan of, so I’ve modified the recipe to allow for cooking the egg.
I bet this would be amazing with some Coconut Cream Pumpkin Spice Frosting (Let me know if you try it :))
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, melted
- dash of celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a double boiler (I use a stainless steel bowl in a pot of 1-2″ of water) combine pumpkin, coconut milk, and eggs
- Whisk while mixture heats, and keep whisking till hot and bubbly
- If egg starts to turn solid (clumping) use an immersion blender to fix
- Mix in chocolate, sugar, salt and stir till chocolate is melted
- Add vanilla and remove from double boiler
- Transfer into ½ cup jars, and place in fridge for 2 hours to set