These are amazing!
For the Paleo Pumpkin Spice Frosting
- 1 cup canned coconut cream/milk, full fat, refrigerated overnight (I used 1 can)
- ¼ heaping cup canned pumpkin or pulp from roasted pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsps vanilla
- ½ tsps apple cider vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- a few dashes of cinnamon to taste and some to sprinkle on the cupcakes
- a few dashes of pumpkin pie spice to taste
- a few dashes of cloves to taste
- Coconut palm sugar to sprinkle on the cupcakes
For the Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup of blanched almond flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon of coconut palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- a few dashes of cinnamon
- 1 cup of enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup of full fat canned coconut milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup of organic palm shortening or coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, whisked
- To make the frosting: In a tall cup or bowl, put the hardened layer of coconut cream/milk from the refrigerated cans, equaling about a cup, along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Use an immersion blender or hand mixer to combine and whip the ingredients together. Add more spices if needed to preferred taste. Put in the refrigerator uncovered to thicken for 30 minutes or longer while you make your cupcakes.
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake pan with liners
- In a medium sized bowl combine your dry ingredients, almond flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir together with a fork and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl combine chocolate chips and coconut milk and melt using the double boiler method. Stir consistently until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the melted organic palm shortening or coconut oil, vanilla and eggs into the melted chocolate and coconut milk mixture.
- Now fold your dry ingredients into the melted chocolate mixture until completely combined.
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners or pan and fill about ⅔ full, they will rise slightly when baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let completely cool before frosting. To frost, transfer the frosting to a decorating bag and use desired tip. Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and coconut palm sugar and enjoy!
Source and inspired by PaleOMG.com