Fall and Winter for me equal Crock Pot (Slow Cooker) meals. Which means yummy smelling houses, and easy throw together meals-WOO HOO!!! I pulled my Crock Pot out for the first time this season for one of the easiest crowd pleasers-pulled pork. I decided that I would try and make it a two-fer. Meaning, I would make a stew the first night, and then drain the liquid to make sandwiches the 2nd night. What do you know…it worked!!All that said. Pork is one of those foods that I cannot quite seem to photograph well. it just looks blah! In any case…this wasn’t blah, but you might just have to take my word for it 😉
- Pork Loin(s) depending on how many people you have to feed and if you want to make sandwiches the next night. I used the Costco Pack. There are two small ones per sealed pack. Probably equal to 2 individual packs elsewhere.
- Red, Orange, and Yellow Peppers. I used about half of each diced.
- One medium/large yellow onion diced
- 1 Can (2 cups organic chicken broth)
- 1 Cup of Red Wine (whatever you have on hand that you want to spare ;)) The alcohol cooks off (for kids), but it leaves a good flavor.
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 Diced Apples (I used Honey Crisp, but you could use any apples)