Wonderful golden cheesy muffins with pumpkin, cornmeal and cheddar! Not paleo, but gluten free and perfect with soup or chili for a cold fall night!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp whole milk yogurt or coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 11/2 cups gluten free flour (or wheat flour if you’re not making this GF)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional – it’s not enough to add flavor, but it does add beautiful golden color and turmeric is good for you!)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, butter and shallots. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined. Fold in 1 cup cheese.
- Evenly divide batter in the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins are golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool in the tin 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack. Best served warm.
Thanks PCC Natural Markets