I used the dressing from the Warm Butternut Squash Salad recipe, and basically just threw some perfectly ripe peaches in there instead of the butternut squash. It was easy and delicious!
- 1-2 Ripe Peaches (depending on their size and how many people you need to feed)
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 C Pure no sugar added Apple Cider
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Diced Shallots or I’ve also used 1/3 C diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4-5 cups (or really, you choose depending on how many mouths you have to feed!) of spinach or arugula. I personally LOVE arugula, but our boys don’t. When I make this for friends, it’s arugula. When I make it for the family-spinach. It wilts down a little when you pour the warm dressing over it, so put in more than you think you need.
- Combine cider, vinegar, onions/or shallots, and a little salt and pepper in a small sauce pan. Bring that to a boil and stir for about 6-7 minutes so that it reduces. Take off heat and whisk in mustard. (original recipe calls for adding a 1/2 a cup of olive oil now, but I forgot to do that once. It tasted fine, so I’ve left it out ever since :)) You choose!
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Toss in peaches and dressing. Pepper to taste.
- You can also toss in nuts of your choice and sprinkle with a cheese of your choosing.