This is a delicious onion tart. Not quite paleo with the dairy, but great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 3 onions
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half’n’half, milk or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Swiss or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in large frying pan
- Thinly slice onions by running them through the food processor on the slicer blade (takes <60 seconds)
- Saute onions in butter for 30 mins on medium heat, stirring once in a while, until onions are translucent, soft, and started to brown and caramelize
- If they have not started to brown, turn up heat and caramelize them a bit, stirring so as not to let them burn
- While onions are cooking, whisk eggs and milk or yogurt
- Cover glass pie pan with cooking spray, add onions, cheese, and pour egg/milk mixture evenly over it
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350* or until golden brown around edges, bubbly and hot
- Serve warm, great paired with soup and salad!