So.. yes, I read the first two books and am working my way through Game of Thrones season two. Am I part of the craze? Maybe. Let’s put it this way, when Vanity Fair published a drink “fit for a Khaleesi” this weekend to celebrate the Thrones Finale, and Seattle was bathed in 80+ degree weather, I felt inspired.
So there I was in the liquor store asking the associate for help finding some very specific ingredients (including Bittermans Hellfire Habanero Shrub, a certain type of Sherry and Tequila Dragones) and he finally asked WHAT I was making. “Um… Mother of Dragons Cocktail” I said. Several store associates had gathered now, giving me some blank stares. “I’ll take anything close to these ingredients. Doesn’t need to be the Tequila Dragones!” Sound spicy? Yes, but not really. I added some slices of jalapeno pepper. But then I do like fire!
- raspberries, blackberries, lime wedges
- .5 oz agave syrup
- 1.5 oz tequila or white or spiced rum
- .75 oz sherry
- 10 drops Bittermans Hellfire Habanero Shrub
- 2-3 slices of jalapeno pepper (optional for added heat)
- Muddle one raspberry, one blackberry and one lime wedge with agave (+jalapeno if you are using that)
- Add tequila, sherry and Bitterman’s shrub
- Shake with ice and strain into glass of ice cubes
- Garnish with tiny “dragon eggs”: one raspberry, one blackberry, and peel of lime to make 3rd dragon egg 😉
Thanks Vanity Fair for this crazy fun concoction!