When life gives you.. lemons? Paleo lemon bars (pure deliciousness) to the rescue! These are a perfect cool summer dessert. Crowd pleasers and a great protein rich, not too sweet, not too tart dessert.
These did not last very long in my house.. just a warning, they are super yummy! 🙂
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or sesame flour if allergic to nuts)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil (warmed if solid)
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup raw honey (warmed if solid)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix almond flour, tapioca flour, raw honey and lemon zest in a food processor until a crumbly dough forms
- Press into the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes
- To make filling, whisk eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the lemon juice and tapioca flour until fully combined.
- Whisk lemon mixture and eggs together, being careful to not over-whisk
- Whisk in the raw honey
- Pour filling over crust
- Place in oven and let bake for ~25 minutes or until just set (firm on outside, a little wiggly in center)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, refrigerate until set, about 4 hours
Thanks for the inspiration http://www.paleocupboard.com/lemon-bars.html