Sound amazing? Look amazing? It is. Chicken is baked in a sun-dried and basil cream sauce.. wow!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in the skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not brown, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan, thyme, oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place chicken into baking dish. Cover with sauce and place in hot oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 175 degrees F.
- Serve chicken immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.
Thanks DamnDelicious.net for the inspiration. I modified the recipe quite a bit to make it quicker to make. But wow, that was still amazing!