Need a quick go-to meal that includes protein and veggies? My quick fix meal is tossed salad and scrambled eggs (yes, I’m a fan of Frasier..:-)). You can add all sorts of veggies, cheeses, or leftover cooked meats for a delicious quick meal!
Here’s a my super fast recipe for scrambled eggs. Basically you put some oil in the pan and add whatever raw veggies/meats you wish, cooking for a few minutes, then crack the eggs directly into the pan stirring occasionally until no longer runny. Add cheese at the end, and mix it in by fluffing a bit with fork and serve!
- Oil for cooking
- Veggies (my favorites include chopped asparagus, fresh spinach, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes)
- Cheese (my favorite is goat, but try cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan or pepper jack or others)
- Fresh herbs, spices, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Cooked meats (bacon, chopped ham, etc)
- Heat oil and saute herbs and veggies (onion until it’s translucent and garlic until fragrant if using either) for a few minutes
- Crack eggs directly into pan and stir occasionally until eggs are no longer runny
- Add cheese and salt/pepper to taste
- Serve with tossed salad (salad greens + oil + balsamic vinaigrette)
When I saw this recipe, I immediately thought of the Frasier theme “Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs”
Hey baby I hear the blues are calling
Tossed salad and scrambled eggs
Ha! Exactly!! And now…I will have that song stuck in my head 😉