I wanted to make a low sugar variation of Classic Oatmeal Cookies – something I could give to the kids for breakfast or as a snack – without the sugar rush and totally spoiling appetites!
These are high protein, low glycemic (low sugar) and my kids approved of these big time! Make them with raisins or mini chocolate chips for some added sweetness!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raisins, currants or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, broken up in pieces (optional)
- Beat eggs, agave, vanilla and eggs
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Mix all together
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet
- Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
Super Mom Tip: a fun cooking project for tots – they can measure and help mix! 🙂 Also these cookies freeze really well in a sealed bag or container!