Merry Merry Christmas everyone!
Feeling chilly? Need a drink after playing in the snow? This Mexican Hot Chocolate will warm you right up! A delicious blend of spices including ginger and cayenne make this a wonderful steamy drink for a cold winter day.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 2 tsps cocoa
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- cayenne to taste (I use about 1/8 tsp, but I like it spicy!)
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk (or coconut milk)
- Half ‘n’ half or cream to taste
- Mix dry ingredients in a cup
- Add agave and water
- Microwave on high for 20 seconds
- Stir till well blended, add milk and return to the microwave for another minute or until hot
- Add some whipped cream (optional)