Not only are pumpkins in season, but there’s an abundance and huge variety of beautiful squash out there. This recipe calls for “Delicata” squash and you can eat the peel – which is full of good nutrients too.
A dusting of curry powder and freshly chopped cilantro make this a wonderful, subtly flavored, side dish! Actually, I could probably eat this as a main dish! So yummy! 🙂
- About 6 cups of your favorite squash cubed (I used Delicata squash, including skins, and it was delicious!)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped cilantro
- Oven to 425*
- Toss cubed squash in oil and season with salt & pepper
- Place in a large pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until soft enough to easily spear with a fork
- Remove from oven and toss with remaining ingredients
- Serve hot or at room temperature
Super Mom Tip: Cube the squash a day ahead and store in a bag in the fridge until ready to use.