A few days ago, I posted a Paleo Lady Finger Cookies recipe for this fabulous Tiramisu! Light crunchy Lady Finger cookies are soaked in coffee and rum and then layered with whipped cream, rich golden custard, and dusted with cocoa powder. Yum! There are a few steps involved here, but they are pretty straight forward. It’s worth it! And this dessert refrigerates well so you can enjoy it for breakfast and (lunch and..) dessert for several days! 🙂
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfinger cookies (or see my Paleo Lady Finger recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7×11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
Thanks Allrecipes.com for the tips!