Ok, so….I may or may not have forgotten to write the recipe down after I made this, but it really was so easy that I’m fairly certain this is it haha. :}
The Huz introduced me to bone in chicken. I mean, I’d had it before, but I think I thought it was harder or not as good-what was I thinking?? When you cook things with the bone in, they are so much moister and more delicious!! I personally don’t eat the skin, but I was told it pretty darn tasty too! AND…because it’s so moist and delicious all on it’s own, you really don’t have to do much to it-WIN!Ingredients
- 4 bone in chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tsp garlic
- 6 clementines or mandarin oranges
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 sweet potatoes (there is some debate on whether sweet potatoes are “paleo”, but since some websites say they are, I’m going with them 🙂 )
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. ( I asked the Huz to get them, and he came back with the “white” ones. I always get confused on what the orange ones are (yams), and I do believe it’s different depending on what part of the country you live in… Anywho, the ones in the picture look like regular potatoes, but they are sweet 😉 )
- Dice the onion
- Melt the coconut oil
- Peel 3 of the oranges, and squeeze the juice from them into the melted oil
- Add garlic to the above liquid
- Toss the potatoes and onions in the above liquid.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking pan and spread potatoes and onions around them, letting them get coated with the oil/garlic/orange juice liquid.
- Grind a little salt and pepper over the entire dish-I don’t use much.
- Peel the last 3 oranges and place pieces as well as the rosemary sprigs around the dish.
- Bake uncovered for an hour, or until potatoes and chicken are fully cooked (time will vary depending on the size of the breasts you get).