Ok, so….I may or may not have forgotten to write the recipe down after I made this, but it really was so easy that I’m fairly certain this is it haha. :}
The Huz introduced me to bone in chicken. I mean, I’d had it before, but I think I thought it was harder or not as good-what was I thinking?? When you cook things with the bone in, they are so much moister and more delicious!! I personally don’t eat the skin, but I was told it pretty darn tasty too! AND…because it’s so moist and delicious all on it’s own, you really don’t have to do much to it-WIN!Ingredients
- 4 bone in chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tsp garlic
- 6 clementines or mandarin oranges
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 sweet potatoes (there is some debate on whether sweet potatoes are “paleo”, but since some websites say they are, I’m going with them 🙂 )
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. ( I asked the Huz to get them, and he came back with the “white” ones. I always get confused on what the orange ones are (yams), and I do believe it’s different depending on what part of the country you live in… Anywho, the ones in the picture look like regular potatoes, but they are sweet 😉 )
- Dice the onion
- Melt the coconut oil
- Peel 3 of the oranges, and squeeze the juice from them into the melted oil
- Add garlic to the above liquid
- Toss the potatoes and onions in the above liquid.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking pan and spread potatoes and onions around them, letting them get coated with the oil/garlic/orange juice liquid.
- Grind a little salt and pepper over the entire dish-I don’t use much.
- Peel the last 3 oranges and place pieces as well as the rosemary sprigs around the dish.
- Bake uncovered for an hour, or until potatoes and chicken are fully cooked (time will vary depending on the size of the breasts you get).
Wonderful flavours! It looks beautiful!
Thank you so much!! Yes, it was tasty. Simple is best sometimes, no?? 🙂 Thanks for following!!!