This is my 3rd time making these since I first made them about 3 weeks ago haha. Our neighborhood has this huge parade, and I thought these would be perfect for before hand (ok, and after too!) I doubled the recipe from my first attempt, and added some blueberries, craisins, and shaved coconut to the top to make them more festive 🙂Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th!
Ingredients (Made 21 muffins)
- 2 Cup cooked Quinoa
- 4 fully ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Medjul Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla
- 3 grinds of Sea Salt (aka not very much :))
- 1/2 cup blueberries, craisins, and coconut to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw everything into a Cuisinart/Mixer and blend until creamy.
- Put into muffin tins, greased loaf, or greased ramicans (that’s what I used the first time)
- After 5 minutes of baking, take out and sprinkle with blueberries, craisins, and coconut. I waited too long and the top was already too cooked. They barely stuck, but I wanted them to sink into the muffin a little bit.
- Bake for a total 18-20 minutes or until top is firm and lightly golden. I’m a firm believer in slightly undercooking when baking. It will continue to bake after you take it out, so if you wait until it’s completely firm it’s too done. You can always do the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, it’s done. If it has batter still on it, not yet done.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes.
- These are really moist. I’m not sure why. They don’t do well if you seal them up in a container, so just leave them out and they will not dry out.
Nutritional Facts (I entered all the ingredients into Calorie Count)
Serves 21 // Calories per muffin- 120 // Total Fat- 4.1g // Saturated Fat- 2.5g // Cholestererol- 55mg // Sodium- 99mg // Potassium- 198mg // Total Carbohydrates-20.2g // Dietary Fiber-2.1 // Sugars- 9.6g // Protein- 3.4g