Here’s my 3rd recipe using quinoa in “baking”. FYI, I made the Banana Quinoa Muffins again but doubled them this time! 🙂 Not to leave the No Bake Lemon Coconut Quinoa Balls out, but they weren’t as big of a hit in my immediate household (sorry Mom!) My 17 year old said “These taste like healthy cake pops.” I’ll take it!! 🙂
Ingredients (Made 15 Balls)
- 1 Cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (for rolling)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Almond Butter (could also use peanut butter)
- 2 Bananas
- 4 Medjul Dates
You can do all of it in the Cuisinart. One dish-easy clean up-WIN!!
- Pulse almonds until they are the size of half a grain of rice (or look like quinoa! :), sprinkle on a plate for rolling later)
- Blend Almond Butter, Bananas, and dates.
- Add in quinoa and pulse a few more times, just to mix it all together.
- Take a heaping Tablespoon and form balls in your hand (mine were about 1.5 inches wide).
- Roll in crushed almonds and place in the freezer. You can eat them frozen, but they are best after warming up a few minutes.
Nutritional Facts (I entered all the ingredients into Calorie Count)
Serves 15 // Calories per ball-114 // Total Fat- 6.5g // Saturated Fat- .6g // Total Carbohydrates-12.4g // Dietary Fiber-1.9 // Sugars- 6.2g // Protein-3.1g