Ingredients (Made 15 Balls)
- 1 Cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded lemon rind
- 1 Cup Medjul Dates
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut (can get super cheap in the bulk section of a health food store)
You can do all of it in the Cuisinart. One dish-easy clean up-WIN!!
- Pulse almonds until they are the size of half a grain of rice (or look like quinoa! :))
- Add in Dates, lemon rind, and coconut oil and pulse until mixture clumps together.
- Add in quinoa and pulse a few more times, just to mix it all together.
- Take a heaping Tablespoon and form balls in your hand (mine were about 1.5 inches wide).
- roll in unsweetened coconut and place in the freezer. You can eat them frozen, but they are best after warming up a few minutes.
Nutritional Facts (I entered all the ingredients into Calorie Count)
Serves 15 // Calories per ball- 65 // Total Fat- 3.1g // Saturated Fat- 1.3g // Cholestererol- 0mg // Sodium- 0mg // Potassium- 43mg // Total Carbohydrates-10.8g // Dietary Fiber-1.3 // Sugars- 6g // Protein-1.3g