So, I talked about the Valentine’s misshap in yesterday’s DIY post. What I forgot to mentions was that the Huz was out of town until about 7, so we were stranded. Not a big deal as we didn’t have plans and it was POURING, but I wasn’t able to go to the store and buy the fixings for the romantic dinner I had planned. However, if there is one thing I’m good at (a super power if you will) it’s raiding the fridge/cupboards and pulling a meal out of my a$$ 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Jam (I used Marionberry)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 salmon filets
- Truffle Cheese Garlic Bread (are you kidding me? It’s HEAVENLY and relatively healthy because you don’t have to use very much cheese to get a flavor mouthful!)
- Lettuce greens
- Raspberry Walnut Vinagrette (I could have made my own dressing using olive oil, the same jam in the salmon marinade, diced up almonds, and some salt and pepper, but I was too tired :))
- Preheat oven to 450
Line a baking pan with tin foil (makes the clean up SO easy!) and lay salmon skin side down.
Mix the jam and olive oil. Spread over salmon and then salt and pepper
Bake for 12-14 minutes (depends on the size of your filets)
- While they are baking mix butter and garlic in a ramican, put in microwave for 5 seconds and stir. Spread lightly over bread that has been cut in half.
- Grate a little bit of the cheese (I did maybe a Tablespoon on each side). It has a really strong flavor, so not much is needed! Let it sit while you make the salad.
- Dump salad greens, raspberries, and diced almonds in a bowl and drizzle with dressing (phew that was hard ;))
- Take the salmon out, turn the oven off, and put the bread in there for about a minute.