This Paleo Sloppy Joes recipe is chock full of veggies and is a staple in our house. This is a great dish to make in a large batch and freeze in portions!
- 1/2 Onion
- 1-2 Red bell peppers
- 2-3 shredded carrots
- Large can of diced tomatoes
- Small can of tomato sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Chop onion and place in a large sauce pan with meat
- Brown meat with onion
- Add garlic, chopped bell peppers, carrots, stir and cook for another minute
- Add in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for another few minutes
Serve with steamed broccoli or other green veggies, and call it a meal! 🙂
Super Mom Tip: Use the chopper blade on your food processor for the onions, garlic, bell peppers, and the grater blade for the carrots! Takes <1 minute!