- Coconut or olive oil
- Crushed fresh garlic or garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken breasts
- Marinara or tomato sauce, enough to cover chicken
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Put olive oil or coconut oil in large baking dish (e.g. pyrex glass dish) and heat up in oven till it melts or warms slightly
- Add red pepper flakes and freshly minced garlic or garlic powder, the heat will start to release the aromas of the spices
- Place chicken breasts side by side in dish
- Sprinkle on some mozzarella and parmesan
- Cover with marinara sauce and a dollop of pesto
- Sprinkle on rest of cheese
- Cover dish with tinfoil and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, then remove tinfoil and bake for another 10 minutes at 375 or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
Serve with ceasar salad and broccoli for an almost-paleo dinner (omit cheese to make it strict paleo).
Super mom tip: Double, triple or quadruple this recipe and freeze in smaller batches. Those nights when you don’t want to cook – whip out of the freezer, thaw on the defrost setting on the microwave, steam some veggies and voila, dinner is served!