Coconut Flour Pancakes with Apples – yum! Even the little tummies in this house were fans! Perfect grain-free and paleo breakfast for a cold winter morning and great way to start off the new year. Happy New Year everyone! 🙂
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 apple, sliced in very thin boats
- coconut oil or butter for frying
- In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes (I used a food processor for this – works great!). Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey or agave.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
- Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Lay sliced apples on pancakes.
- Cook on low to medium heat for a few minutes on each side, until they start to turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.
Inspired and modified from the Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes on NourishingDays.com.