So simple, so perfect.. Forget heavy margarita mixes with dye and sugars, this is a basic and made from scratch recipe. This is the best margarita recipe we’ve tried and shared with friends. So far, it’s a winner! Tequila, tart lime juice and sweet triple sec are shaken and chilled to perfection! Paleo? Umm… not really. But some claims tequila as the purest alcohol (it’s made from agave) and if you have to drink something, then go with tequila. Call it paleo’ish and say cheers! 🙂
Great with tortilla chips and guacamole!
- 2 oz. Tequila (like Patron. It’s worth it!)
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt for glass (optional)
- Salt the rims of glasses if desired. To do so, pour salt onto a small plate, rub the rims of the glasses with lime and press them into the salt.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice
- Shake up and strain into a glass