Pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These high protein cakes will fill you up AND leave you energized!
Makes about 6 pancakes
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 2-3 Tbsp butter or coconut oil + extra for cooking
- 1 1/2 tsp honey or agave nectar (I tried each of these in a batch and both were equally good – honey is a little sweeter)
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk and water as needed to adjust batter consistency
- Whisk together eggs, melted butter, milk, honey or agave, and sea salt
- Mix baking powder and coconut flour and add to the wet ingredients while whisking
- Heat butter or coconut oil in a skillet on a medium heat
- Spoon batter into pan and a note of caution, coconut flour and coconut oil both brown quickly, so watch these careful and cook on low heat, with a lid helps! Carefully flip to cook on each side.
- Serve with fresh fruit or berries