One of the things I love most about Seattle, it’s all the GORGEOUS nature that’s all around us within close proximity!
I only wish we got out and enjoyed it more as a family! It’s always “on the list” but sadly…the list is long!
We did this actual hike to Franklin Falls almost a year ago, last September. I kept meaning to blog it, but the fall is my busiest time with work, so… Just now getting around to it! I really would love to add to this series and find some more fun family hikes! We all had so much fun, and the scenery is just breathtaking! Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!
It’s about 60 miles outside of Seattle, 2 miles round trip, and only 400 feet of elevation.
Right in the beginning of the hike, you can walk off to the side onto these huge boulders.
So funny to see little Maya!
Or…littler. 😉 The trails are very well maintained! It’s a little steep going down into the water, so keep that in mind when wondering about appropriate ages to take your kids. Sooooo pretty!! And a little breeze from the falls 🙂 These steep rocks line the sides near the bottom.
- Come early to avoid the crowds!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Hiking shoes aren’t necessary, but I wouldn’t wear sandals.
- Layer. There are a lot of trees, so even on hot days, you might want a light top layer, and it’s breezy by the falls.
- Have some bug spray handy.
- You need a pass to park, and buying one ahead of time is a good idea!