This is a great raw broccoli salad recipe!
- 2 1/4 lbs broccoli
- 10 strips crisp bacon
- 1 large red onion
- 1/3 c raisins
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c toasted sunflower seeds
- Cut broccoli and stems into bit sized pieces
- Fry bacon until crisp and set aside. Crumble.
- In large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon
- Add vinegar pepper and sunflower seeds and toss well to combine
The original recipe which I got from my Grandma, included a 1/4 cup sugar (most recipes from the 50’s era seem to have a lot of sugar :)). I omitted all sugar to make this a paleo salad, and it tasted great!