Red Currents are a lovely berry and I planted a bush for the kids to graze on a few years ago. It’s a berry that grew in abundance in Norway where I grew up (read more about red currants in last years blog post) and I have fond memories of snacking on picking berries that were warming in the sun. To me, they taste like summer in Norway.
Ava loves little cooking projects and making drink concoctions. She loves feeding them to test bunnies like her Grandma. Here, Ava and I turned sparkling water into a ‘festive and pink’ party drink. No sugar, no other additives.. simply mash berries and strain juice. Discard solids. Mix with sparkling water and top with some berries as garnish! Voila! Berry water for the princess party!
- 1/2 cup of red currants and a small handful for garnish
- Sparkling water
- Mash berries in strainer
- Discard solids and save the juice
- In a large glass pitcher with ice and sparkling water, add berry juice
- Stir and garnish each glass with some fresh berries
- Pinkalicious would approve!