It’s summer, and what screams summer more than grilling?!! Ok, pools, popsicles, all of Esther’s yummy cocktails (!!)….ok, a lot of things scream summer. BUT…grilling. YUM!
I’ve talked many times about my love of grilling. Ok, the EASE of grilling!! It used to intimidate me, but now I LOVE it! I usually do whole chicken breasts, but decided to try and do shish kabobs. SO GOOD! Ingredients (varies people you want to feed)
- Chicken Breasts (cut into 1-1.5 inch cubes)
- Bell Peppers-I used red, yellow, and orange (cut into 1-1.5 inch cubes)
- Large Onion (cut into 1-1.5 inch cubes)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Trader Joe’s Every Day Seasoning
What to do
- It’s not absolutely necessary, but if you can marinate the chicken a few hours before you’d like to grill, that’s the best. Just put the cubed chicken in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, and grind the Trader Joe’s Every Day Seasoning over it. I honestly had all these ideas of various spices I was going to add, and then (OF COURSE!) was running late and reached for what’s easy, and good!
- Do the same for the veggies (not as necessary to have those marinate!)
- You can use wooden sticks to spear all the meat and veggies. If you do, make sure you soak the them for a good 10 minutes prior.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Evenly spear chicken and veggies until everything is used up.Grill for 7-8 minutes on each side. Oh, and Maya is in this stage where she doesn’t want her picture taken, UNLESS I’m trying to take pictures of something other than her… haha.