These bonbons or ‘candy’ balls are very simple to make. Apricot, coconut, orange zest yumminess – AND – you can dip them in chocolate for even more flavorful goodness. Every evening I ask the kids to choose an activity that we do together after dinner. Playtime, go for a walk, do arts and crafts, or do a cooking project.. Last night they chose cooking project! I let them measure, sample, and then we mix everything up, and they helped make these balls. Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups unsulfured dried apricots
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted if solid
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted if solid
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or regular cocoa)
- 1 tablespoons pure maple or coconut syrup
- pinch fine sea salt
- Place apricots, coconut, zest and coconut oil into a food processor and pulse until a rough paste forms.
- Shape mixture into balls and place ‘bites’ onto a plate and pop in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm up
- Combine raw chocolate ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Remove bites from the freezer and one at a time, quickly dip half into the raw chocolate mixture. It will set instantly. Eat straight away or store in the fridge or freezer in a airtight container.
Source: Thanks MyDarlingLemonThyme for the inspiration!