Need a great staple waffle recipe? Having a hard time finding a good gluten free version? Here you go! This is a great gluten free waffle recipe. To quote Adam, “how are these so good?” I think that about sums it up.
I have a little Norwegian waffle iron – makes beautiful hearts that were a huge hit with the kids! Scandinavians like to serve waffles for dessert with strawberry or raspberry jam and sour cream – or with a large scoop of ice cream! Shown below with whipped cream, some powdered sugar and raspberries!
- 3/4 cup rice flour or a gluten free flour mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (omit if you are corn free and add another 1/4 cup of the rice flour back)
- 1/2 cup potato starch (NOT Potato Flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (regular milk works, too)
- Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another
- Combine and mix
- Scoop in portions onto waffle iron and cook
- Serve with butter & sugar, jam & sour cream, maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar or other favorite toppings