Here’s another favorite from my childhood, before anyone ever uttered Paleo or Whole30 :).
- 2 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Soft Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan
- Mix crust on low either in mixer or cuisinart til it forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Spread 1/2 in the bottom of the pan. Put other half in the refrigerator.
- Toss almonds in Cuisinart until finely chopped (or buy pre diced almonds). Toss the rest of the ingredients in and blend.
- Spread filling over crust to within a 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Press remaining dough on waxed paper to 9 or 10 inch circle. Place over filling and press into place.
- Place foil underneath pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until edges get light brown. It will leak all over your oven if you don’t.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes. It keeps really well, so I even make it the night before I want to eat it, and it’s still dense and moist. YUM!!! Serve all on it’s own, or with yogurt or ice cream and some fresh fruit! ENJOY!