I’ve been totally inspired by some Paleo and Whole30 recipes on Instagram (mostly @jennaskitchen and @the_clean_wife). Doing Whole30 would not be an option with our teenage boys (I tried cooking separate meals before, but let’s be honest, ONE meal feels like too much work sometimes!) I am all about making healthy meals that taste good though!! The boys and Huz were all gone the other night, so it was just me and Maya. She eats just about anything, so I figured it would be the perfect time to try something I’d been thinking of making. Basically a mix of a few things I’ve seen around, plus what I had in our fridge already 🙂
- 10 grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 5 eggs (soft boiled)
- 1 and a half large avocados
- 1.5-2 cups shredded chicken breast (one or two large bone in breast depending on size) I like to BBQ bone in chicken breasts and make extra just to have on hand for a follow up meal like this! Super easy. I usually just dust with olive oil and a tiny bit of sea salt and pepper. Can even just throw it on the BBG plain though, since you peel the skin off!
- 1/2 and inch slice red onion diced
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Bell Peppers (I like the orange and yellow ones :))
- Boil water and cook eggs for 7 minutes. Take off burner and add cold water and ice until they are cool. Very important to have them fully cool, in order to peel properly. Set aside while you make everything else.
- Toss onions and tomatoes into a Cuisinart (or blender if you don’t have a Cuisinart) Pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add in Avocado (salt and pepper to taste. I barely used any)
- Add in chicken, and eggs
- Pulse a few more times just to mix.
- Slice the top off the peppers, deseed, and fill with mixture
- Pick it up, get MESSY, and ENJOY! 🙂
- Since it was just me and Maya for dinner, we had plenty left over. So, we took some over to my parents 🙂