Tiramisu.. the Queen of the Night of desserts? Light crunchy Lady Finger cookies are soaked in coffee and rum and then layered with whipped cream, rich golden custard, and dusted with cocoa powder. Yum! Only one issue.. I’ve not been able to find gluten free lady fingers. I’m sure there are some good cookie alternates out there that would work (and I’d love to hear from you if so!) but here’s a recipe from scratch that is an option. While these cookies turned out a little denser and heavier that what I expected, they totally worked for the Tiramisu I was making (recipe coming Thursday! :)).
Lady Finger Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons of Palm Shortening or Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Blend all the cookie layer ingredients together
- Transfer the cookie dough to a piping bag and make three inch logs with the dough (about 1 inch thick).
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool completely (leave on the sheet), at least 30 minutes before assembly
Looking for some true paleo inspiration? Check out this Paleo Tiramisu! I’ve not had the time to try to make this one yet.. but it sure looks amazing!